Can i use the lightning connector on my Macbook pro and then plug the USB connector into my pc?
i want to transfer my photos and music from my home computer to my new Macbook pro with retina display, would this cable work for this or is there a different cable that can do this?
1 Answer from the Community
No. I think you may have confused the Lightning connector with the Thunderbolt port. As of right now, no Mac has a built-in Lightning connector. I would suggest doing an ethernet-to-ethernet connection between your Mac and PC and boot your Mac in target-disk-mode. It will be faster than USB. Alternatively if you have access to an external hard-drive you could dump the contents of your PC onto that and then upload it to your Mac. Just make sure the drive is formatted so that your Mac can read it.
Check out the available documentation on migrating from a PC to a Mac.
- Answered by Christopher O from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?
- Asked by Ian C from Bideford
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
No answers yet
Can i use the lightning connector to charge through PC or can it be disconnected from the device that plugs in the cigarette lighter socket?
- Asked by Malek S from Abu Dhabi
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the lightning connector to charge through PC or can it be disconnected from the device that plugs in the cigarette lighter socket?)
- Asked about: Belkin Car Charger with Lightning C…
Is the Lightning a USB connector?
- Asked by James S from Whiting
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Lightning a USB connector?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter