Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with car chargers that were compatible with previous iPhones 3 & 4?
I am able to play music, audiobooks, etc. from my iPhone5 in my car with the cable I previously used with my 3GS ( headphone jack to Auxiliary input in car). But without a charger I will run down the iPhone5 battery. My current car charger uses the 30-Pin. I don't see a Lightning car charger available yet. Can I attach this adapter to the current charger? Thanks.
4 Answers from the Community
- Answered by Carlos B from Metuchen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will work with the iPhone 4/4S car charger.
- Answered by Nir B from New Hyde Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can purchase a car adapter that accepts USB. Then you can plug in your USB cord to the car power source and the supplied lightning cable to the phone.
- Answered by Jeffrey B from El Paso
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have a Parrot 9200 kit in my car and the connector from Apple works fine.
Do NOT buy a cheap connector from Amazon as they do not work with the Parrot.
- Answered by Eric A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?
- Asked by Patti G from Southern Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Is this compatible with the Lightning to 30pin adapter used on the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation?
- Asked by Robert V from Pensacola
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the Lightning to 30pin adapter used on the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input