Can you switch the output to the TV to portrait? So rather than black bars you can match the iPhone rotation and rotate your TV?
1 Answer from the Community
NO, I wish you could do this! I have spent tones of time, and hours of hacking a Raspberry Pi in order to get this functionality to work and still its horrible.
All Apple has to do is allow the orientation of the apple TV to be changed to vertical and it will be freaking awesome!
if they add this simple feature then they will once again have change everything. people will be able to use apple TV as a signage device. or have vertical TVs as hanging picture frames in your home.
I can not believe they have not add this feature yet!
it is quite frustrating.
PLEASE APPLE ADD VERTICAL PORTRAIT ORIENTATION TO YOUR APPLE TVS!
- Answered by Bryan A from Bakersfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Salah A from Florence
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)
- Asked about: Apple TV
What kind of mount do you need in order to rotate a Thunderbold display into a portrait display
- Asked by Daniel R from Ithaca
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of mount do you need in order to rotate a Thunderbold display into a portrait display)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)