Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
JAM is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro, but its special circuitry is also designed to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the novice or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM provides inspiring tone for practicing, recording or just jamming.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
Upgraded sound quality with punchy, clean-amp tone
Designed for electric guitar bass and acoustic guitar works with pickup
Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
Lightning, 30-pin and Mac USB cables included
With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
Made for GarageBand, Logic Pro and Mac
Compatible with all popular guitar and music recording apps on iOS and Mac
Low-noise digital connection with studio-quality preamp
Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?
Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends For
Beginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What’s in the Box?
Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
USB cable for connection to Mac (1 m/3.3 ft.)
Quick start guide
Input Type: USB
Cable Length: Lightning cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 0.5 m/1.6 ft. (iOS device connections); USB cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (Mac connection)
Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
Requirements Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
CPU: 1.5 Ghz or faster Intel processor
RAM: 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
Input: USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
Requirements Software: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301471
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Warranty: One year
Get help buying.Call 8000 444 0396
- iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
- iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Answers from the community
How can you monitor your guitar playing if iPhone 7 has no headphone jack?
- Asked by Doug E from Box Elder
- on 21-Oct-2016
This is the looming dilemma for prosumer music creation & audio monitoring on the iPhone 7. I curren This is the looming dilemma for prosumer music creation & audio monitoring on the iPhone 7. I currently use an Apogee Jam "daily" with an iPod Touch, my guitar + outputing the audio to amps, monitors, etc. I've asked Apogee this exact question re: the iPhone 7 + the wonderful Apogee Jam. There seem to be (possibly) x2 workarounds: 1. the Apple lightning audio dock (which has an 1/8" headphone-out port). This is a "very" awkward sol'n, as the iPhone 7 would be vertical (which is 90º off for most music/audio creation apps) & I'm not sold on the shear-strength &/or stability of the lightning connector on the apple lightning dock 2. Belkin is releasing a Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar on October 10th (basically a male lightning adaptor to x2 female lightning ports). "In theory", this could work w/ the iPhone 7 w/ the Apogee Jam, plugging the Jam into x1 of the female lightning ports & using the Apple lightning to 1/8" audio-adaptor on the other female lightning port. This Belkin adaptor states "Made for iPhone" (aka...MFi), so it "may" work in the use case I've described. All bets are off until someone actually tests this upcoming Belkin adaptor + the Jam + the iPhone 7! -Jeff (Arsenault), Vancouver, Canada
- Written by Jeff A from Vancouver
- on 27-Sep-2016
Would this work with Facebook live?
No answers yet
- Asked by Emma H from North Shields
- on 10-May-2016
Will the apogee jam work with I pad 2 running iOS 5?
- Asked by jamie m from luton
- on 19-Apr-2016
Apogee JAM Guitar Output to bluetooth speakers. How does this work?
- Asked by Günther K from Hennef
- on 18-Mar-2015
Will this work with Pocket Amp for IPad?
- Asked by Charles C from Atlanta
- on 29-Nov-2014
Yes, JAM works with all Core Audio compliant iOS Music Apps.
- Written by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 19-Dec-2014
will it work with my 10.6.8 Version MacBook Air?
- Asked by Rebecca W from Fircrest
- on 29-Nov-2014
Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works perfectly fine on 10.6.8!
- Written by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 21-Aug-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And now Live Loops makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar or bass into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 9 allow you to play, record and edit third-party instrument Apps right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ*
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger any Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Start with a collection of Apple-designed templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Customize a grid or build your own with a library of over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create your own loop by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice, or guitar
• Use Remix FX and Multi-Touch to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap the record button and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer provides their own signature sound and the ability to create a over a million realistic groove and fills
• Fine-tune the drum performance using simple controls that influence the groove and which drums are played
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual guitar and bass amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
• Play, record and edit performances from third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume or fine-tune your mix using the Simple EQ, compressor, echo and reverb
• Record the movement of controls on a Touch Instrument
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
* Live Loops is available on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), or later devices.
** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or later devices. Multi-track recording requires compatible third party audio interface.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
**** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. …