How can I hook up my Cintiq 21 to my MacBook Pro
Can I use the Mini Display Port to DVI adapter for $29 or do I have to go for the highly priced Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter at $99?. I can't find what the denefits are for paying 3X. Also, there are a lot of VERY negative comments about the Dual-Link adapter al over the web.
- Asked by John P from Mystic
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I hook up my Cintiq 21 to my MacBook Pro)
1 Answer from the Community
You can use the less-expensive single-link version for the Cintiq 21UX which is 1600x1200 (4:3) and which fits within the single-link spec. Same with 1920x1080 (16:9) or 1920x1200 (16:10) for wider monitors.
If you however want to go up to 2560x1440 (16:9) or 2560x1600 (16:10) then you'll need the dual-link version, which as you pointed out, not only costs an extra $70 but also requires a USB port for power.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Mark D from Nanuet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use this to hook my macbook pro to my tv
- Asked by Jacqueline L from New Castle
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to hook my macbook pro to my tv)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Has anyone tried this with a Wacom Cintiq?
- Asked by James M from Outer Cove
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone tried this with a Wacom Cintiq?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
can I hook up my macbook pro to a Vizio television
- Asked by David O from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (can I hook up my macbook pro to a Vizio television)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m