how can i hook up my mac book pro to my tv
4 Answers from the Community
I found through Apple support that Macbooks made before 2010 do not support sound using the hdmi mini port adapter. You must use a vga cable to the headphone jack in addition to the mini hdmi adapter to hear sound through your media center. This solution does work for us.
- Answered by Eileene T from Honeoye Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you have a 2011 Macbook Pro it plugs into the thunderbolt port on the side.
- Answered by Dale H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Use the Mini Display port on the Side to connect it to the TV.
Buy a connector connecting Mini Display to either Composite, Component, DVI or VGA is your TV has it. If you have HDMI export it to DVI then get a cable Connecting DVI to HDMI
- Answered by Kevin S from Lees Summit
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The best way is to use HDMI.
- Answered by Brad D from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can i view my e mail on the television using my mac book to apple tv
- Asked by Michelle P from Sarasota
- Flag as inappropriate (can i view my e mail on the television using my mac book to apple tv)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Does this work with a Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by Mark B from Kennesaw
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with a Mac Book Pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
can i watch television on a Mac
- Asked by Robert T from East Atlantic Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i watch television on a Mac)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet