Can I make my HDTV an additional monitor for my iMac with the Apple TV
- Asked by Anthony M from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I make my HDTV an additional monitor for my iMac with the Apple TV)
2 Answers from the Community
Actually you can, with Air Play. Near the top right of your iMac there is a small icon that is in the shape of a rectangle with a solid triangle. You click that and select the option for Apple TV. Make sure your Apple TV is on as well as your tv and it's on. Then you go back to the iMac and click on the Air Play icon, a drop down menu will appear. Click Apple TV and lower in the menu there are two options; "Mirror" and "Extend" if you want your iMac to display whatever you are currently doing on your tv you mirror, if you want to extend your desktop then you click extend. Hope that works as well as it has for me!
- Answered by Alejandro Z from Van Nuys
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As long as your iMac and AppleTV are new enough to support AirPlay Mirroring, then yes. Under the AirPlay menu on the iMac choose extend display instead of mirror display.
- Answered by Michael K from Girard
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do you run the Airport Exp in addition to the Apple TV box ? And does it just make your wifi signal better ?
- Asked by Scott H from Queen Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you run the Airport Exp in addition to the Apple TV box ? And does it just make your wifi signal better ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
can i play my old mini mac on my new HDTV TV?
- Asked by Patricia M
- Flag as inappropriate (can i play my old mini mac on my new HDTV TV?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet