Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
This would allow a simple dock configuration. Use WiFi while in the field but connect to Thunderbolt Display or peripheral and get direct Ethernet wired connection. This would save the second Thunderbolt port for other hardware connections such as Pro Video edit/control equipment. If such a connection would work with the adapter it would be nice to be able to control it with granularity.
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. It worked for me with a MacBook air (2011) and thunderbolt display.
- Answered by Andrew S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, based on the standard it will. However, the current update for this hardware is known to be bad, so wait for the update.
- Answered by James L from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration
- Asked by Alan F from Cloverdale
- Flag as inappropriate (ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
How do I buy the thunderbolt to ethernet converter?
- Asked by James S from New Providence
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I buy the thunderbolt to ethernet converter?)
- Asked about: Mac
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)