Similar questions from the community
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
No answers yet
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?
I see the HDMI port support boths Audio and Video, however can I still stream my audio via bluetooth through my Bluetooth Amplifier while watching video through HDMI?
- Asked by Simon W from Evansville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
If I use an apple digital AV adapter to transfer what I watch from my ipad to TV will the sound also transfer through the tv
I have a 40" smart TV and I also have an i-pad 2nd generation that has some movie apps that I would like to transfer to the bigger screen on my TV. I know that I could use the apple tv system,but since I already have netflix,amazon, and etc., I wonder could I just use the apple digital AV adapter and get quality sound through the tv or would it still come through the I-pad. I really enjoy my I-pad,but being 64 years young,sometimes I need the help of the bigger screen.
- Asked by Nokomis P from Smyrna
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use an apple digital AV adapter to transfer what I watch from my ipad to TV will the sound also transfer through the tv)
- Asked about: iPad
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
I have a new iPad and an iPhone 5. With an hdmi cable to a compatible tv, can I watch movies from Netflix or other sources, or is it only compatible with iTunes?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
Can i watch fox go app using this cable
- Asked by Linda T from Burnie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch fox go app using this cable)
No answers yet
when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad
- Asked by Ravinson A
- Flag as inappropriate (when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
Will this work with the ipad2 or is it only compatible with the newest iPad?
I would like to watch Netflix on my tv. Will this allow me to do that?
- Asked by Jennifer C from Hemet
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the ipad2 or is it only compatible with the newest iPad?)