Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
219 Questions from the Community
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?Answer
Yes, Maps will display on a larger screen.
The screen in this mode is an exact duplicate of whatever is displayed on the iPad/iphone.
On an iPhone 5, which I just tested for you, the image is very slim and central when the iPhone is vertical, but when the device is horizontal it near-fills the screen.
Note that the display doesn't show the map at a different size to your device (This may sound an odd thing to suggest, but Netflix, for example, outputs video to a separate screen, with a different resolution to that shown on the iOS device- I believe this is because there is a different path through the display chips for hardware accelerated video)
Unless your devices have a lightning connector as the iPad mini for example doe's you won't be able to use this with earlier model iPads. You may be able to solve this challenge by also buying the Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter.
Use this ultracompact adapter for iPad accessories that depend on the 30-pin connector.
- Answered by Michael F from Spokane Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lightning digital AV adapter work with my smart board at school with an iPad mini or other earlier iPads?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
The way I understand this is it is a video to hdmi.
So plug your hdmi cable into this adapter and the TV and you will mirror the iPhone on your TV.
So what you get on your phone you see on the TV.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so will i be able to watch movies on my tv from the web off my iPhone 5 if i have it plugged in??)
Will this work with my Ipad 2?
- Asked by Doreen L from Northfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Ipad 2?)
unfortunately not, because the iPad 2 didn't support the Lightning connection
- Answered by Manuel N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with my Ipad 2?)
Does this cable have any lag whatsoever?
i want to play games, but the apple tv has a slight lag. great for movies but games are too hard to play with lag created by apple tv. So my question is, does this cable have any lag whatsoever?
- Asked by Brad G from Newcastle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable have any lag whatsoever?)
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
No answers yet
Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?
- Asked by Ed F from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?)
get an HDMI to RCA converter cable or box
- Answered by Javi B from Van Nuys
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?)
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.
No answers yet
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
Do is transport sound and video?
iPod mini video connector...
- Asked by Benjamin G from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Do is transport sound and video?)
Yes. HDMI will pass both video and sound to your TV.
- Answered by Shai Z from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do is transport sound and video?)
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3
- Asked by Agnita G from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3)
The iPad 3rd Gen uses a 30-pin connector so you won't be able to use it. You have to use the 30-pin to HDMI connector or the 30-pin to VGA connector to work with your iPad 3.
- Answered by Kenn V from Batangas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3)
Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?
Does anybody know if the Sky Sports app allows external video?
I am away a lot with work, and am looking for ways to bring my favourite Sky program's with me to my hotel room.
- Asked by Peter F
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?)
Most definitely yes, this works with sound. It also works with the audible.com app just fine. Be aware, however, that Facetime will not rout through the adapter but stays on the phone. Also, be aware that telephone calls made through the phone app will say on the phone itself and not rout through the connecter. For blind Voice OVer users, Voice Over will speak on the phone itself and not be routed through the adapter: rather a nice plus.
- Answered by Raymond F from Houma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this product work with sound as well as video?)
After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over
Using the iPad mini and the TV to watch, is there a setting I need to switch over to make it work, or just by plugging it in, it will show.
- Asked by Keith C from Hagerstown
- Flag as inappropriate (After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over)