Safeguard your valuable MacBook against spills, dust, and other contaminants without any annoying keypad interference. Moshi's ClearGuard is made with an advanced high-precision material that form fits to the MacBook keys, so you get maximum typing comfort and protection.
Ultra-thin silicone construction
ClearGuard is unique in that it's one fifth the thickness of other silicone protectors, ensuring unmatched key sensitivity and response. It's also highly transparent, so you can clearly see back-lit keys and preserve the visual elegance of your Macbook.
You can repeatedly wash ClearGuard with water and continue to use it over much of the life of your notebook.
- High precision molding that form fits to MacBook keys
- 0.1mm thickness - one-fifth that of silicone protectors
- High-transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through
- Durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane
- Completely washable with water (or mild detergent)
Did you notice?ClearGuard is completely transparent and only one fifth the thickness of silicone protectors.
Apple Recommends ForMacBook users looking for constant, unobtrusive protection of their notebook's keyboard against spills, dust and other contaminants.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi ClearGuard keyboard cover
- Cleaning instructions (part of the packaging)
- Weight: 0.28 oz./8 g
- UPC or EAN No.: 4712052310926
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Fits the following models: 13-in. MacBook and MacBook (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 13-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 15-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 15-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 17-in. MacBook Pro 17 (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Air
Ratings & Reviews
Best Keyboard cover
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against sp Pros
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against spills and dust
-kinda pricey for a piece of plastic but worth every penny, its the only one of its kinds out there right now. Others are made of super thick silicone.
-as it gets dirty, the more opaque it gets. So i decided to clean it with soap and water...BAD IDEA. the opaqueness got worse. So the solution is to rinse it GENTLY with water. DO NOT CRUMPLE IT UP AND SCRUB the wrinkles will be permanent. use a QTIP to clean it instead. And last but not the least go over it with a little bit of baby oil just to get it all clear and shiny again =) …
- Written by Shanelle R from whitesboro
1251 of 1352 people found this useful
Protects your keyboard
I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even know it was on); however, there is a little spacing above the function keys. It also gives my keyboard a little glossier look. As for typing with the moshi clearguard on, it feels squishier and you have to push down a little more. I also let it sit on my laptop for a while with the screensaver on and when I came back, it felt a little warmer on top (I'll be testing it more to see if it makes my macbook warmer). Overall, it will definitely prevent oil, dirt, crumbs, ect. on getting on/in between your keys. It is a good buy, but I wish the price was a little less. …
- Written by Marie B from Costa Mesa
673 of 763 people found this useful
The BEST keyboard skin ...
I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's su I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's superb! Unlike it's rivals (all of which I've tried in the past) this one is actually clear and has a GORGEOUS tactile key response (meaning you can actually still type with little to no effort)! The others feel like you are attempting to type through THICK rubber cement ... but this one is SWEET! It's quite clear (almost invisible), it's very thin, and allows for easy depressing of keys!!!!! Pricey, yes it is! Worth the cost?! YES (especially considering the cash that I spent on the other, more cloudy, thick/gross/RUBBER models)! …
- Written by JEFFREY D from SAVANNAH
583 of 685 people found this useful
Best keyboard protector. Period.
I'm a keyboard protector person and I've tried 5+ brands, none of which were this expensive though. Now my company starts paying f I'm a keyboard protector person and I've tried 5+ brands, none of which were this expensive though. Now my company starts paying for these accessories, so I can finally get a Moshi. Basically, I won't be able to go back to the cheaper products in the future. THIS IS SO GOOD. …
- Written by Yue L from San Francisco
Doesn't fit perfectly (bigger) so it has room for slip and move
Previously, I used Marblue keyboard protector, which was a little thick and has its own color. It was a little too thick so it lea Previously, I used Marblue keyboard protector, which was a little thick and has its own color. It was a little too thick so it leaves some stains on the display, and needed a little more strength when typing, which quickly made my fingers tired.
Thus, I recently bought Moshi protector hoping that it is thin and doesn't mess up the display. I am satisfied on that perspective. I could also type with less strength.
However, it is definitely bigger than my Macbook Pro Retina, so it doesn't fit perfectly. It has a room so it slips and moves around when I type. It moves for 1 mm maximum, to all directions (left, right, up and down). It bothers me although it's only 1 mm. The previous Marblue one was a little sticky so it never moved. You should definitely consider this and compare with other products! …
- Written by Yoseob Y from Cambridge
3 of 3 people found this useful
Great Keyboard Cover
Nice feel, and doesn't get in the way.
- Written by Jon W from BUNDOORA