Terms and Conditions
iPod and Mobile Phone Recycling
Apple has no responsibility for the loss or confidentiality of customer data on recycled equipment. Before shipping equipment, the customer should:
- Delete data on the hard-disk drives and any other storage devices in the products.
- Back up or transfer any data prior to deletion.
- Remove any removable media, such as or PCMCIA or SIM Cards and damage beyond use.
- When shipping items which contain batteries, it is important to minimise the chance of an item turning on during shipping.
- "Detachable" batteries - any battery which can be detached from the phone unit must be detached and placed in the envelope separately prior to posting.
- Batteries within a sealed unit - where the battery is within the phone unit, the battery should be run down until no charge remains in the unit.
- By printing this label, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this program.
Once the hardware has been shipped, Apple cannot return it to the sender Participation in this program constitutes a relinquishment of all rights to and in the hardware and other related materials sent to Apple.
- Apple iPod
- Mobile phones from any manufacturer
- Mobile phone and iPod accessories (ear phones, chargers etc.)
Limitation of liability
Apple provides this service as an accommodation and accepts no liability to any person for any services performed in connection with the recycling offered in these terms, and specifically disclaims liability for lost profits, loss of business or other consequential, special, indirect, or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.