Never replace batteries again with Mobee's magical wireless inductive charger for the Magic Mouse. The sleek and unobtrusive design lets your mouse rest easy on a sleek charging station that plugs in to a USB port. The set up takes just a minute.
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable.
- Six days of autonomous power on a full charge
- Easy set up—can be completed in a minute
- USB powered
- Slim and light, so it's ideal for mobile users
- Go green and stop replacing AA batteries
Did you notice?A steady green LED means you’re fully charged and ready for action.
Apple Recommends ForUninterrupted use of your Magic Mouse without having to hunt down AA batteries.
What's in the Box?
- Battery pack
- Base station
- Mini USB cable
- Connections: USB
- Height: 0.35 in./0.9cm
- Width: 2.55 in./6.5cm
- Weight: 1.94 oz./55g (Base station); 1.30 oz./37g (Replacement battery pack)
- Length: 4.64 in./11.8cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 661799027915
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
More of an $$$ gadget than useful
I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 da I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 days without a recharge, so I decided to push it and see how long it goes. After 4 days, the Mac battery level was reading 9%, so I decided to charge it. The first overnight charge was OK, back to 100% and the light on the charger was solid green. The 2nd (and subsequent) charges worked, but the green flashing light did not go solid.
My test was to turn off the mouse and let it charge. It worked and the green light went solid after a night charge. When the mouse is left on (on/off switch), then the charger thinks it's not fully charged and keeps flashing.
A few things to remember:
- The unit comes with a USB cable for charging, but no charger. They assume that you will use your Mac or laptop to charge it. If your Mac goes to sleep, the port goes dead and you can not charge the unit. You need an external power supply such as iPhone charger.
- Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts rather than 1.5 volts of a AA battery, so your battery gauge on the Mac is inaccurate.
- Since the unit uses electronics for charging, your battery is even smaller and has less of a lifetime than 2 AA rechargeables. I recommend charging every other night to be safe.
Their tech support says that it's working the way it should, and if I turn off the mouse while charging, or take the battery back out and leave it on the charger by itself (their suggestion) the light goes to solid green but if I leave the mouse on, the light keeps flashing. I personally don't know anyone who turns off their mouse or takes the batteries out every night. …
- Written by Sean A from Escondido
1415 of 1533 people found this useful
Works great when it works. When it doesn't, contact Mobee.
I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my Magic Mouse stayed connected. At about 4 weeks, I started having issues with the mouse disconnecting. This problem became more frequent until then it would not even charge correctly. I contacted Mobee and they agreed that I had a defective product. They promptly replaced it (kudos to them), and so far it has worked well for the past week or so. Let's hope I just got unlucky and that this replacement will continue to work well. …
- Written by Camilo M from Arcadia
660 of 740 people found this useful
Amazing product !!!
I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its GREEN ! keep up the good work MOBEE !...We do need a charger for keyboard too plz ! …
- Written by jonathan S
461 of 625 people found this useful
THE WORST product I have ever bought -
Do not waste your money on this piece of #$%^. I am on my second charger in less than one year.... It dies when it is charged at Do not waste your money on this piece of #$%^. I am on my second charger in less than one year.... It dies when it is charged at 57% (in my case)... I dont know what type of batteries this company uses but they do not last, no matter what they tell you. At this point, after much frustration and charging on a daily basis, I am seriously thinking about getting a connected mouse. I am just so fed up with this product. And the company does not stand behind it. You can write all you want and nobody will make a move to replace or even contact you back. If I could give a rating of no star, I would. …
- Written by Mynou D from Eldred
1 of 1 people found this useful
same for me: frequently missing bluetooth connection.
- Written by Andreas G from Winterthur
I Love this thing!
SO i don't write too many reviews but I use to go thru batteries like crazy! Now with the Mobee i just place it on the pad and it SO i don't write too many reviews but I use to go thru batteries like crazy! Now with the Mobee i just place it on the pad and it charges away. Awesome product! I would definitley recommend if you go thru batteries on your mouse. Still debating on whether to get the keyboard version …
- Written by Jeff S from Sylmar
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do you sell just the component that goes into the Mouse? Our office was broken into and they took the Mouse's with the mobee inserts
- Asked by Maria N from Melbourne
Can I buy a new battery pack for my Mobee or do I have to buy a completely new unit?
- Asked by Tom G
You can get a battery pack separately.
- Answered by Marx W from Winnellie
How long does it take to charge the batteries?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hou To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable. …
- Answered by Doug S from Lake Villa
Does this work with the older Magic Mouse model: A1296?
- Asked by Peter H from Toronto
Magic Mouse model: A1296 3Vdc, fails to operate normally.
- Answered by Ibrahim M from Tamap
Can the batteries be charged at any time or do they need to be low before charging?
- Asked by Kevin K from Long Beach
Yes, you can charge the battery at any time, you don't need to wait a low battery
- Answered by Mobee T