The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen – with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size – sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker plays bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colourful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Multipoint Support
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 18 cm/7.09 in.
- Width: 6.91 cm/2.72 in. (Diameter)
- Weight: 540 g
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000935
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855106483
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
You'd never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn't have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the UE BOOM app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of cool additional features like our musical alarm and fully customizable 5-band EQ. UE BOOM app features include:
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11. Use the app to control the balance and to choose between Stereo or Double sound.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on/off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again–every morning. UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Customizable 5-band EQ - Use the fully customizable five-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound so it's just right for you. Need a little more bass? Done. More highs and mids? No problem. You set it how you like it.
- Wireless Speaker Updates – Wirelessly update the software on your UE BOOM to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
- Settings – Personalize your UE BOOM’s name, language and more all through the app.
- Learn – Use the UE BOOM How To guide to learn all about what your UE BOOM can do. …
133-622 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Perfect for parties!
I love this speaker. I was not sure which direction to go on a wireless speaker, did a ton of research and landed on this UE Boom I love this speaker. I was not sure which direction to go on a wireless speaker, did a ton of research and landed on this UE Boom...SO HAPPY I DID! It does all that it claims to with one exception, the battery does not last 15 hours...not even close. That's the reason behind 4 stars, I would have given 5 if the battery lasted a little longer. Other than that, NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT. The sound is really crisp and LOUD. We bought if for outdoor use mostly and its sound is so powerful that it doesn't get lost outside, it can fill a large outdoor space nicely. It's also pretty durable, we used it last weekend while we were doing yard work...it got splashed a little, fell off of the steps once, was covered in dirt and still performed as well as the day we opened it. Highly recommend. Love it. Great buy. Thinking about buying a second one to pair and get that stereo sound, that must be amazing. …
- Written by Jennifer M from Stoneham
94 of 100 people found this useful
UE BOOM IS THEE SPEAKER
I host several get togethers, outdoors, indoors and the like. Its simply the best option for music in those formats. Primarily bec I host several get togethers, outdoors, indoors and the like. Its simply the best option for music in those formats. Primarily because of the ability to sync 2 devices together. Also it is extremely durable and water resistant. I had the misfortune of leaving my speakers outside, mounted to tripods and of course it rained. In the morning I was relieved to find them working flawlessly. Again, perfect device for any function requiring music. Even with a large crowd the UE BOOM has the strength and quality of sound to deliver entertainment to the masses. …
- Written by Joseph H
58 of 59 people found this useful
Wonderful Wireless Speaker
I wasn't sure on what speaker to get, I was going to buy the Bose, Beat pill or JamBox, but the UE was the best of all of them. It I wasn't sure on what speaker to get, I was going to buy the Bose, Beat pill or JamBox, but the UE was the best of all of them. It is the loudest and clearest of all of them. I have been using for a little of bit of time but it is very useful and load. I bought it to play mostly outside and it is very load. I haven't really use it to the extend of the battery so I really don't know if it does last 15 hours or not like previews review says. …
- Written by Josshymart T from Bensenville
57 of 65 people found this useful
Portable sound with limits
I purchased this primarily to listen to around the house as I'm doing chores. It has good battery life and sounds great, so it was I purchased this primarily to listen to around the house as I'm doing chores. It has good battery life and sounds great, so it was up the task. However, it suffers from the same shortcoming that most bluetooth speakers have - powers off automatically even while charging!
I also purchased this as an alarm clock where my phone's alarm clock program plays the alarm sound through the UE speaker . This would be a great use of the speaker since I like to take naps on the couch , or out on the patio hammock, where a portable speaker would come in hand.
*except* it turns off even when I plug it into a USB charging outlet where I am sleeping. The logic of not making this a user-changeable setting is beyond me. It would be so easy to provide a sleep "off/on" button or setting that not doing it doesn't make sense.
Overall, this is a good speaker, but it could be a great speaker with just a few changes that do not increase the price. …
- Written by John G from Denver
Great speakers on the go.
I love these speakers, the only issue was trying to listen to music while kayaking in a lake. The water seemed to drown the music I love these speakers, the only issue was trying to listen to music while kayaking in a lake. The water seemed to drown the music so you could only hear it if you were within 5-10 from the speakers. The other UE models appear to have resolved this issue, and are also water resistant.
They have a great battery life, sound is great, and fills the room easily. This is perfect for taking on camping trips. …
- Written by Claire S from Austin
Simply amazing sound quality, and your device doesn't even need BlueTooth, for that you just use an audio cable! It's great for pa Simply amazing sound quality, and your device doesn't even need BlueTooth, for that you just use an audio cable! It's great for parties and outdoor gigs and simply setting up music for any occasion. …
- Written by Ethan F from Castle hill
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the speaker come with a travel case.
- Asked by Leonard C from Orlando
How do I play music from my iPod Classic using audio cable?
- Asked by Qing D from Morristown
You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the o You need a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable. Plug that into your iPod's headphone port and plug the other end of the cable into the bottom of the UE Boom. There are two ports on the bottom of the UE Boom, one is the micro USB used for charging and the other is a round 3.5mm input, plug the cable into that. Turn the speaker on and you're good to go. Just keep in mind that you need to turn the volume all the way up on your iPod classic and then adjust the volume of the speaker using the + and - icons on the UE Boom itself. …
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
Can you connect 3 or 4 speakers together. Currently I have 2 connected.
- Asked by Don J from New York
Only 2 at a time.
- Answered by Julian W from Chicago
can it go underwater? like full soaked ?
- Asked by Jeremy S
No. Boom should not be fully immersed in water or any other liquid.
- Answered by Robert K