What is the minimum operating temperature?
This releases in the middle December which is close to the start of winter and gets fairly cold in Northern States/Canada. Just wondering if it is worth buying at launch or waiting until spring when temperatures get warmer.
- Asked by Murtadi K from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the minimum operating temperature?)
2 Answers from the Community
The problem is the battery, the operating temperatures are from 41 to 104 F, (5 to 40 C), you can keep your batteries warm inside a backpack but if the conditions are chilly wind the temperature can drop very quick. I had a problem last year flying with a Phantom on winter under very cold conditions and the advice is better to avoid to fly with very cold weather. I guess you can wait to order until spring.
- Answered by Alejandro S from Allentown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I found that the battery was an issue, but not the batteries for the drone. The iPhone battery has an issue of shutting down if it gets too cold.
It was a good thing that when I started seeing issues on the phone, i brought the drone down and landed it.
Then my phone konked out.
Did not start (even though I was charging it) till i had it in the car warming up.
Next time I will carry one of those "hand-warmers" for the phone.
The battery in the controller and the battery on the drone seemed fine.
My apple watch said it was around 32 deg.
Any colder then I would definitely watch out.
- Answered by Richard P from Melrose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Airpods operating temperature range
- Asked by Matt U from Coventry
- Flag as inappropriate (Airpods operating temperature range)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet
What is the operating temperature range?
- Asked by Loc L from Mount Juliet
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the operating temperature range?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
What are the minimum hardware requirements to operate snow leopard?
- Asked by Joshua G C from Conroe
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the minimum hardware requirements to operate snow leopard?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard