Will the Mavic Controller be large enough to hold an iPad mini? Or is an iPhone the largest viewing option, when still using the DJI controller
6 Answers from the Community
The controller will hold an iPad Mini with no problem. The other two people who answered "no" are wrong. Go to YouTube and search "Mavic with iPad mini".
- Answered by Benjamin R from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've been following new conversations on the mavic pilots forum that indicate a change has been made to the mavic controller by DJI. The original design would allow a mini 2, mini 3, or mini 4 to fit inside the controller's arms. But when an ipad mini is mounted in this fashion on the original design apparently the end of one of the arms could press in on the sport mode button and create problems.
DJI appears to have addressed this issue by modifying the controller's arm design. They've been slightly relocated. As a result some people who have received the upgraded units are reporting that a mini 4 will no longer fit (it's 3.2mm longer than a mini 2).
So - it may no longer be possible to fit a mini on the controller. There are 3rd party companies that sell mounts that fit inside of the arms and place the ipad mini above the controller (thereby blocking the controller's LCD screen). People who have purchased them have said that all of the display information shown on the controller is also shown in the DJI GO app, so you shouldn't have any important information covered up if you choose to go that route.
Still waiting on my Mavic to ship, so I can't verify the issue. But I wanted to make sure that you had this info too and could research it for yourself.
- Answered by Kevin D from Shelby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Both answers were wrong. YES YOU CAN use an ipad mini and the remote opens up sufficiently to allow an ipad mini to sit comfortably into the grooves of the arms on either side. Then with a short lead its plugged into the remotes USB socket.
- Answered by Peter I
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, it can. There are several mod kits out there. Google "Mavmount".
- Answered by Edward C from Broken Arrow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
here are the specification on the remote capabilities as far as the device that can be used right from DJI:
Supported Mobile Device Size
Max length: 160mm
Supported USB port types: Lightning, Micro USB(Type-B),USB(Type-C)™
I think the iPad mini is something like 200mm or more so the answer is no yo ca not use an iPad Mini in the holder built in to the controller
- Answered by Christopher M from Clay City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Nope you cannot.
- Answered by Faisal A from Lewisville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Is there software for displaying histograms of raw files on the iPad? Can the iPad be used to control copy from camera to other hard driv
- Asked by Calvin W from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there software for displaying histograms of raw files on the iPad? Can the iPad be used to control copy from camera to other hard driv)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Will this be able to hold up an iPad mini?
- Asked by Johnny R from Yonkers
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this be able to hold up an iPad mini?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet