Can you update multiple computers to Snow Leopard using the same box?
My school just sold me my old MacBook for $50.00 and none of the software is up to date and I've never had to update my software before, so I want to be able to update my other MacBook as well.
- Asked by Ellen K from Bernard
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you update multiple computers to Snow Leopard using the same box?)
1 Answer from the Community
The same retail "box" of Snow Leopard can be used on multiple Macs.
However, you are supposed to have a license for each Mac, and therefore purchase Snow Leopard for each Mac.
A few years ago, Snow Leopard was available in a Family Pack, which included licenses for 5 Macs in a household but a single disk. It cost $49 while the single license Snow Leopard cost $29 at that time. The disk was the same in both packages, and the same disk is sold today.
When Family Pack was discontinued, the price of the single license Snow Leopard dropped to $19. This is unbelievably cheap when considering that the previous version of Mac OS (OS 10.5 Leopard) could not be purchased for less than $129.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used for multiple computers?
- Asked by Shannon S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used for multiple computers?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office Home & Business 20…
No answers yet
Can Lion be used to update an 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo?
- Asked by Jerome C from Edenton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Lion be used to update an 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)