I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Dan D from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
1 Answer from the Community
I doubt it. Snow Leopard was released in August 2009 at the same time you bought your MacBook, so you may have had an offer from a vendor that was available back then. But that was 3.5 years ago. (And even it the offer was still available, you will likely need your receipt with the date of purchase.)
There was also a program to upgrade to Snow Leopard for free in order to entice Mac owners to move to Lion. However, this free upgrade program expired on June 15, 2012. Do an internet search for "upgrade-your-old-mac-to-snow-leopard-for-free" for more details.
So your alternative is to buy Snow Leopard. The price has dropped. Instead of costing $30, it is now only $20. (A far cry from the $130 of previous versions such as Leopard.)
At $20, it is a very good price.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this compatible with a MacBook Pro 15inch, Mid 2009?
- Asked by Lisa D from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with a MacBook Pro 15inch, Mid 2009?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 16GB 1600MHz DD…
Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?
- Asked by Brent K from Ithaca
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter