im running OS X version 10.5.8. can i upgrade directly to OSX Lion? Or do i have to buy / download 10.6 Snow Leopard, then buy OSX Lion? Cheers.
1 Answer from the Community
I am in the same situation. I was just at my local Apple store today, and several employees confirmed that I need to upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard by purchasing the Snow Leopard software through apple.com ($29.99). After upgrading to Snow Leopard, I will then be able to download OSX Lion ($29.99). This info seems to be consistent with what I am seeing as I browse apple.com. I want to do the upgrades so that I will be able to take advantage of features on my 4th generation iTouch, such as iCloud. Currently, I can't use iCloud with my macbook. $60 in upgrades doesn't seem too bad considering all of the money I already have invested in my macbook and iTouch.
- Answered by Jennifer K from Victor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I need to pay for snow leopard AND lion in order to jump from osx 10.5.8 to lion (although I will not practically be using snow leopard)?
- Asked by Cerasel A from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for snow leopard AND lion in order to jump from osx 10.5.8 to lion (although I will not practically be using snow leopard)?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)