Does the 45W adapter act as a surge protector and protect against voltage spikes? Or do I need to plug it into a surge protector? Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
All of the Apple power adapters have built-in surge protection, however, the internal protection circuitry is not meant to replace a third-party device.
- Answered by Carl W from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the power adapter included with my MacBook Pro purchase contain a surge protector?
- Asked by Alex M from Sioux Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the power adapter included with my MacBook Pro purchase contain a surge protector?)
- Asked about: Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter