Is there a driver so that Thunderbolt display can work on Bootcamp - Windows 7?
3 Answers from the Community
No. It will not work. The bootcamp thunderbolt drivers are not plug and play, you need to connect your devices to the macbook before booting up the machine. This means that you CANNOT simply plugin the display as you are used to with any other computer when using Windows. When you leave the room for a meeting, and return, you have to reboot, at which stage your display, keyboard, NIC etcetera are sometimes recognized, but surely not all the times. It's a very disapointing solution I am sorry to say and not workable.
(I am using a Macbook Pro retina and Thunderbolt display from May 2014, with the lates updates and patches)
- Answered by J.m. V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by James M from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, taken from apple support article HT4951
"To use your Apple Thunderbolt Display with Windows 7 using Boot Camp, you will need:
A Thunderbolt-capable Mac.
The latest software and firmware updates for Thunderbolt-capable computers.
For OS X Lion, Boot Camp 4.0 (included with Lion).
For Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, Boot Camp 3.3 update."
- Answered by Timothy P from Fitzroy North
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this work for iMac 5,2 on windows 7 with bootcamp drivers ?
- Asked by David S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for iMac 5,2 on windows 7 with bootcamp drivers ?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Will it work with windows 7 and samsung
- Asked by Brian H from Keighley
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with windows 7 and samsung)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet
If I install Windows 7 on a MacBook, (Using bootcamp) do I have to install any special drivers in order for the MacBook webcam to work?
- Asked by Daniel S from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (If I install Windows 7 on a MacBook, (Using bootcamp) do I have to install any special drivers in order for the MacBook webcam to work?)
- Asked about: Mac