Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The computer is necessary to control the Thunderbolt drive to share it on a network. If the computer is not connected to the Thunderbolt Display there is no connection of the drive to the network.
- Answered by James H from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
I just bought a Thunderbolt display but My imac does not have a thunderbolt insertion. What can I use to connect it as a dual manitor operation?
- Asked by Noah Z from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (I just bought a Thunderbolt display but My imac does not have a thunderbolt insertion. What can I use to connect it as a dual manitor operation?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter