Is it a security risk to connect this to a Thunderbolt equipped hard drive?
If I connect the Mac to a thunderbolt equipped hard drive and then connect the Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter to the hard drive, is it a security risk?
ie. is the hard drive exposed to internet attacks before they reach the Mac?
1 Answer from the Community
No, because the hard drive does not have the software required to access the Ethernet adapter.
Only the computer will see the ethernet port.
- Answered by Matthew T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?
- Asked by Robert L from Laguna Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Which external hard drives have Thunderbolt connections?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
can I connect a hard drive to the usb port
- Asked by Nicholas P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect a hard drive to the usb port)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can i use this to connect a Thunderbolt hard drive to a Computer's USB port?
- Asked by Muhannad M from Bankstown
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this to connect a Thunderbolt hard drive to a Computer's USB port?)
- Asked about: Kanex Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.…