Is this exactly the same as the Superdrive that came out for the Macbook Air? WIll my old Superdrive work exactly the same as this new one?
3 Answers from the Community
Based on the information released by Apple, Yes, it is Pretty much the same thing. the Only difference that can be observed from going through the Documentations available is that the "New" Superdrive, formerly called Superdrive Air, can not be classified with the term AIR any longer as it is Now Compatible with the MacBook PRO as well ( though ONLY the Newer RETINA Display Model.) hence the NAME Change.
- Answered by Thomas B from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is just updated. You don't need to buy the new one if you have the old one.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, I believe it is the same. Just the description is updated to the new machines that it will work with. I bought one years ago with my MacBook Air and I recently bought a Mac Mini Sever and my old Apple SuperDrive works seamlessly
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What exactly does this do and not do?
- Asked by Juanita L from Cape Coral
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly does this do and not do?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
What exactly is the difference between the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter to the USB-C to USB Adapter?
- Asked by Megan D
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the difference between the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter to the USB-C to USB Adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter