File transfer w/PC
So I have a ASUS Maximus V Extreme (Thunderbolt compatible) motherboard in my new PC, and a Late 2011 Macbook Pro (also Thunderbolt compatible). All I want to do is be able to transfer files between the two computers, more often from the Macbook to the PC. I've read target disk mode can be used for similar (?) purposes, but I just want a simple answer: Do Thunderbolt cables/ports allow such a connection? Or are they just for external storage and displays?
- Asked by Evan S from Traverse City
- Flag as inappropriate (File transfer w/PC)
1 Answer from the Community
In theory, per Intel documentation, the Thunderbolt cables and ports allow such a connection. However, while support for networking/IP over Thunderbolt is now built-in on OS X Mavericks 10.9 and Yosemite 10.10, as of Mar 17 2015, Intel drivers for Windows Thunderbolt networking are currently unavailable for public download.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I transfer files from droid to apple
- Asked by Daniel C from Chattanooga
- Flag as inappropriate (can I transfer files from droid to apple)
- Asked about: SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Extreme Plus…
No answers yet