Can you wirelessly backup your iphone photos?
- Asked by Joseph P from Wakefield
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you wirelessly backup your iphone photos?)
1 Answer from the Community
Unfortunately the iphone cannot back up directly to the timecapsule, there must be an intermediate step of a computer.
With the iPhone you have two options for backing up photos (and other things on the device). First, is to back up over your local network to your computer (I am assuming for both of these options your iPhone is a 3GS or newer) . This option requires the computer to be on and connected to the same wireless network for backup to occur. The second, and preferable option is to set up iCloud. This will backup all your iPhone data to the cloud, however this only works for 30 most recent days of photos, so you would need to pull them to the computer before the 30 days.
Either way, you need to get your photos onto a computer then backup the computer.
The only other option I have found that works really well is Dropbox camera upload, so that might be something to investigate.
I hope this all makes sense, and feel free to ask follow up questions.
- Answered by Thomas A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I backup video and photos from my iPad to Lacie?
- Asked by Mohammad R from Ocala
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup video and photos from my iPad to Lacie?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Portable Hard Driv…
does this product do the inverse of what is described -
- Asked by Jason K from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (does this product do the inverse of what is described -)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader