Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Write a Formula
To use a keyboard shortcut to enter a cell reference, place the insertion point in the Formula Editor or formula bar.
Use these shortcuts when you’re writing a formula:
- To refer to a single cell, press Option and then use the arrow keys to select the cell.
- To refer to a range of cells, press and hold Shift-Option after selecting the first cell in the range until the last cell in the range is selected.
- To refer to cells in another table on the same or a different sheet, select the table by pressing Option-Command–
- Page Down to move downward through tables or Option-Command–Page Up to move upward through tables. Then use one of the two techniques above to select one or more cells in the table.
- To specify absolute and relative attributes of a cell reference after inserting one, click the inserted reference and press Command-K to cycle through the options.
To learn more about keyboard shortcuts, search for “keyboard” in Numbers Help.