The Apple Online Store offers Rating & Reviews and Questions & Answers (Q&A) — two features which let you share your knowledge and get help from other Apple customers on the products we offer.
You may browse Ratings & Reviews and Questions & Answers without logging in, but if you want to post a review or answer a question, you will need to log in with an Apple ID. For more information on Apple ID, see the Apple ID FAQ (Opens in a new window) page.
To participate in Ratings & Reviews or Questions & Answers, you must agree to the .
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & Reviews offers a way to share and gain knowledge about Apple products. You can browse product categories and sort them by their customer star rating, or you can dig into each set of products and read customer reviews. As you read each reviews, you'll be able to vote on whether or not you found it useful. We use these votes to improve the results for subsequent visitors.
Write Your Own Review
As a customer of the Apple Online Store, we'd like to invite you to share your opinion. From any product details page click the "Write a review" button. There are a few guiding principles to keep in mind when you're writing a product review:
- Explain why you like or dislike the product, focusing your comments on the product's features and functionality and your own experience using the product.
- Limit your review to 300 words or less.
- Avoid single-word reviews, bad language, contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- Avoid comments about non-product related issues such as service and support, resellers, shipping, sales policies, other Apple partners or Apple topics not directly related to the product's features or functionality.
While we reserve the right to delete a review that is inaccurate, or uses inappropriate language, the content of product reviews, even those written about our own products, will not be edited for content before publishing.
Questions & Answers
Questions & Answers is a great way to get specific product questions answered by a community of Apple Online Store visitors. In addition to general products and accessories, Questions & Answers is available for all Mac Computers through the Buying Your First Mac feature.
Submitting Questions and Answers
You are encouraged to ask any product related question that helps you with your buying decision. Here are a few of the most important principles to keep in mind when you're writing a question or answer:
- You are most likely to get an accurate and useful response if you are specific, clear, and concise in asking and answering questions.
- Avoid profanity, and do not post contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- Avoid questions about non-product related issues such as service and support, resellers, shipping, sales policies, other Apple partners or Apple topics not directly related to the product. Q&A is a place for asking and answering questions about the product's features or functionality.
- Avoid harmful or illegal advice as well as any speculation about future products or enhancements.
- Because the goal of Q&A is to help our visitors make informed buying decisions, it is not the right place for product support or "fix it" types of questions. If you have questions relating to product support, please visit the Apple Support Discussions (Opens in a new window).
When Your Question or Answer Will be Posted
Questions and answers will typically be posted on our site within 1 business day after they are received. When a question or answer is posted it becomes visible to other visitors who can then start responding to it.
If your submission is not visible within 1 business day, it was probably not posted due to a violation of our guidelines. In these cases we encourage you to review our and resubmit an updated version of your question or answer.
Voting for the Best Answer
The Best Answer is calculated using a variety of measurable actions by the community. The calculation is primarily based on how many people found an answer useful, but other factors are considered as well.
Keep in mind that Apple does not confirm or verify the accuracy of the Best Answer or any other answer on the site.
You can receive email updates when a new question or answer is posted about a product. Simply click the Follow this Product link and enter your email address!