Blue Microphones' Tiki is the first USB mic that mimics the intelligence of human hearing by focusing on desired sounds, minimizing background noise and knowing when to mute altogether. It combines proprietary noise-canceling technology, Voice Isolation, and Intelligent Mute to dramatically improve the intelligibility of online communication via iChat and Skype. Compact as a standard USB flash drive, Tiki offers two mode selections: Intelligent Speech Mode for superior intelligibility of communication and Natural Recording Mode for recording a wider range of sound sources including instruments, singing or podcast recording.
- Intelligent ultra-compact USB microphone
- Improves vocal clarity for online communication (such as iChat and Skype) and voice-recognition software
- Brings your voice to the forefront using voice isolation and noise-canceling technology
- Eliminates computer fan and typing noise by intelligently auto-muting
- Recording mode optimized for podcasts and music recording
- Multi-colored LED indicates muting status and mode
- Two custom condenser capsules with advanced DSP
- Plug-n-play Mac and PC with no drivers needed
- Similar in size to a standard USB flash drive
Did you notice?Mimics the intelligence of the human voice by focusing on desired sounds and minimizing or muting background noise.
Apple Recommends ForImprove online communication via iChat and Skype on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Tiki Microphone
- User guide
- Extended USB docking cable
- Carrying case
- Input Type: 1/8 Inch Stereo
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB
- USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- 64 MB
- USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 1998
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213001998
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
Ratings & Reviews
Very cool little Mic
I've been using my Tiki for over a week now for Skyping with my sister overseas and I really appreciate the simplicity and quality I've been using my Tiki for over a week now for Skyping with my sister overseas and I really appreciate the simplicity and quality I get for my calls. The Mic on my laptop tends to crackle and pick up ambient noise in my apartment and the Tiki does a great job of filtering that out so I can have better calls with my family. Definitely recommended. …
- Written by Robert M from Los angeles
4 of 5 people found this useful
Does not work
Sound quality is worse than the macbook air internal mic according to skype participants. In "intelligent" mode, mic just mutes wh Sound quality is worse than the macbook air internal mic according to skype participants. In "intelligent" mode, mic just mutes when one is speaking. Also, mic is slow to un-mute when one starts speaking. Even when it is unmuted while one is speaking, the sound quality is still poor. …
- Written by ROBYN H from Malvern
57 of 77 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is a Blue Microphones compatible with ipod 5th gen with a help of lightning adaptor?
- Asked by Bryan S from Manila
can you use this microphone for a macbook project involving iMovie
- Asked by Dana B from Pittsburgh
Yes, this mic has multiple settings. The Mic will glow blue for Intelligent Speech Mode, conference Yes, this mic has multiple settings. The Mic will glow blue for Intelligent Speech Mode, conference calls, online chats etc. (It recognizes that you re not talking and turns orange). But has a Purple setting for Natural Recording Mode used for recording vocals, instruments, podcasts and more including voiceover on iMovie etc. …
- Answered by David B
Would this microphone work well for use as a lecture hall recorder to go along with class notes taken as the professor lectures? (I sit front row.)
- Asked by Aaron W from Omaha