my surround sound system is a bit old so doesnt have a Optical Audio cable input, is there any way of getting around this?
2 Answers from the Community
Buy something like that:
Digital Coax & Optical Toslink to R/L Stereo Audio Converter
Find by google (canonot post link here).
- Answered by Mario P from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Actually, it may be too new! Optical preceded HDMI as a digital connector, and so long as you have an HDMI pathway to your "home theater" the sound will come through that. Only problem would be if your sound system is analog-only RCA cables), and if that's the case you will have to have your TV on to listen to the sound. I only hope Apple keeps supporting it so I can use the optical signal strictly for audio, bypassing HDMI.
- Answered by James R from Penfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Use Composite AV cable and Digital AV Adapter cords together to get surround sound as well as 720p video quality?
- Asked by Colin M from Woodstock
- Flag as inappropriate (Use Composite AV cable and Digital AV Adapter cords together to get surround sound as well as 720p video quality?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
How can i use this to hook up to a bose surround unit?
- Asked by Mike G from Fraser
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i use this to hook up to a bose surround unit?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m