Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?
I want my wife and I to both be able to control the lights with our separate iPhones.
- Asked by Martin F from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?)
5 Answers from the Community
Yes, you just have to install the app on each device. We currently have it running on two iphones and 1 ipod touch.
- Answered by Abcd A from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I couldn't do that. After setting up the switch, only the iPhone that was used to set it up could detect the switch. The other iPhone can't even detect the switch at all. I have looked for answers on the net and couldn't find the solution.
- Answered by Anne B from Kendall Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it can be controlled by multiple iPhones/iPads. The easiest way I have found to set this up is to have the WEMO setup on one iPhone. Once this one is working to your satisfaction (names, photos, etc.), download the WEMO app on the second iPhone, The app will download slowly, but once it is ready to open all of the WEMO devices are set up with the exact same settings as the original iPhone set-up. This corrects the problem of the second iPhone not finding your WEMO device (a common problem) if the WEMO app is already preloaded . This setup procedure can be repeated for all devices that will control the WEMO.
- Answered by Jerry R from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I completely closed the App and then restarted and it found the device on the iPad that I had set up on the iPhone. A simple refresh would not do. I would try this before reinstalling the App.
- Answered by Michael K from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The entire Wemo system plays nicely with multiple iPhones and iPads. Very easy to set up.
- Answered by John B from Wodonga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Is this single person use only or can it track myself and my wife's sleep patterns at the same time?
- Asked by Jonathan C
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this single person use only or can it track myself and my wife's sleep patterns at the same time?)
- Asked about: Withings Aura Smart Sleep System
Can these headphones connect with iPhone and iPad at the same time?
- Asked by Gustavo Luiz F from Maringá
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these headphones connect with iPhone and iPad at the same time?)
- Asked about: Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats2 Wirele…
Can you pair 2 phones at once?
- Asked by Michael S from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you pair 2 phones at once?)
- Asked about: Belkin Aircast Bluetooth In-car Ada…
No answers yet