How can I order the British layout keyboard?
It defaults to German when you add the British version to the shopping cart. This is even if you select the 'British' keyboard from the main shopping page showing all the keyboards. Also is this a PROPER British keyboard with SHIFT+2 = " and not @?
- Asked by Lloyd R
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I order the British layout keyboard?)
2 Answers from the Community
Hi, I have been having the exact same problem and it's driving me mad!! I found a rather lengthly way around it though:
1. Select a Mac mini as though you wish to purchase it.
2. You arrive at the configure your Mac mini page. Scroll down to "Apple Keyboard" and it allows you to select a British keyboard.
3. Click "Add to Basket" on the right hand side
4. When it displays the items in your basket, simply remove the Mac mini. You are left with the British keyboard in your cart.
A bit of a pain, I know, but I have been struggling with this for almost an hour so it seems the easiest (albeit only) solution at the moment.
- Answered by Jessica F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've been trying to do the same thing... A lengthy chat with an online representative yielded nothing. As for the key placement, the @ is indeed above the 2 key, while " is above the ' key.
(IMO, this is a more logical placement, all the symbols are above numbers, while punctuation is to the right)
- Answered by Angela H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do i get uk keyboard layout
- Asked by Sarah F
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i get uk keyboard layout)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Can I order international variants of the keyboard?
- Asked by Christopher G
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I order international variants of the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad P…