Where is number lock on this keyboard?
- Asked by Mary O from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is number lock on this keyboard?)
9 Answers from the Community
I just found out the "CLEAR" button above the number pad acts as NUM LOCK for the keyboard. I'm using this keyboard on a PC (at work).
- Answered by Christophe M from Lansdowne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The same happened to me while playing in the preferences. Go to preferences,accessibility, then mouse and trackpad. Make sure to uncheck the box that says "Enable Mouse Keys".
- Answered by Roger G from Tilbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Using Windows 8.1 operating in parallels 10: number pad acted as arrow keys. Clear button above number pad acts as number lock in windows
- Answered by Ken C from High River
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Use the CLEAR key
- Answered by Rick W from Saint George
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell OptiPlex 755 minitower, and I couldn't figure this out for the longest time, but if you hit the "Clear" key, (directly below F16), it should act the same as the NUMLOCK key on a PC keyboard.
- Answered by Tyler V from Nunica
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
OSX does not use a Number lock in the system. For purposes of bootcamp with windows the keys function as the same keys on a windows computer. So that would be the key on the numeric keypad above the 7. Press it once windows is running and it will reflect the change.
- Answered by Jim- T from Oakland Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
On my wired keyboard the numlock got turned off somehow, maybe in running a VM with windows. I had to do fn-clear to get it to turn back on.
- Answered by Nancy G from Knoxville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
No. This keyboard does not have a traditional number lock button. The Apple numeric keypad is meant for entering numeric data only, and is rarely if ever used as a substitute for the arrow keys. They don't even have arrows drawn on the numeric keypad.
If you play video games, many games are set up (or can be set up) to treat the numeric keypad as arrow keys. I personally hate having my cursor accidentally jump around the screen while I am trying to enter numeric data, so I do not miss the number lock button at all.
- Answered by Jonathan S from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
what is the warranty period for an apple keyboard with numeric keypad
- Answered by Paige C from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
Is there an option on the keyboard to get a number pad with it?
- Asked by Jeremy D from Eunice
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an option on the keyboard to get a number pad with it?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
Does the Smart Keyboard support the Lock/Unlock feature of the iPad, i.e., does closing the cover lock the iPad and power the screen down?
- Asked by Michael P from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Smart Keyboard support the Lock/Unlock feature of the iPad, i.e., does closing the cover lock the iPad and power the screen down?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 9.7-inch iPad Pr…
does this keyboard cover lock and unlock the iPad like a smart cover?
- Asked by Matthew R from Puyallup
- Flag as inappropriate (does this keyboard cover lock and unlock the iPad like a smart cover?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad P…