WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
I have MAC MINI (Serial #G87221GMWOD), MODELIDENTIFIER "macmini1,1", (1.83 GHz), Intel Core Duo, 2 cores, 2 GB.
I currently have one monitor. a ViewSonic
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
I would like to add another monitor similar to my current ViewSonic, except for a larger display (22").
As I am not technically inclined, not to mention I'm 81 years old, I would appreciate your information as to how to setup/attach the new monitor to my current setup. The end result being that both monitors display the same information.
I appreciate and thank you for any assistance may be able to pass along to me.
Very truly you,
Franklin B. Dreyer
- Asked by Franklin B. D from North Quincy
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi Mr. Dreyer,
Unfortunately the model of Mac Mini that you have only supports one monitor. The new model that was recently released has two display outputs (Mini DVI and Mini DisplayPort) whereas yours only has one (Mini DVI).
I am unaware of any method for splitting that single display output to allow it to connect to two monitors. I'm very sorry
- Alex R.
- Answered by Alex R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Planning to buy a new Mac Mini and need to hook up to VGA monitor. Will this adapter support this setup?
- Asked by Client S from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (Planning to buy a new Mac Mini and need to hook up to VGA monitor. Will this adapter support this setup?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to VGA Adapter
Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?
- Asked by Gregory M from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…