I have a IMac G5 that is not wireless. Does this Magic Mouse work with that? If I get a wireless adaptor will it work then?
1 Answer from the Community
Hi - this is exactly what happened to me - I have a MacPro - bought the MagicMouse - realized that my computer did not have a Bluetooth receiver.
I ended up buying a USB Bluetooth connection device which I plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of my system and then paired and otherwise configured the MagicMouse with my MacPro which took all of about 1 minute and was almost an automatic operation with all of the work done by the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
For an example of such a USB/BlueTooth device, compare the IOGear GBU321 to whatever else you may see out there. FWIW, that device is also compatible with Windows.
Once again - Apple has made it easy for peripherals to be truly, "Plug-N-Play"
- Answered by Lance D from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
wireless keyboard and or magic mouse work on pc?
- Asked by Jeremy K from Newport News
- Flag as inappropriate (wireless keyboard and or magic mouse work on pc?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - French Ca…
Can i use my wireless keyboard with numeric pad from my imac g5 with the new 27 inch imac i7
- Asked by Michael R from Braunton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my wireless keyboard with numeric pad from my imac g5 with the new 27 inch imac i7)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
does this mouse work with ipad
- Asked by Jamie R
- Flag as inappropriate (does this mouse work with ipad)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad