if I'm using Parallels to run WIndows 7, will the mouse work when I am using the Virtual instance of Windows?
3 Answers from the Community
Yes it will
Let me explain, when running Window inside of the virtual environment, the Host OS (Mac OS in this case) is responsible for sending input (keyboard and mouse) to the guest OS (Windows). In the virtual setup Windows does not directly interface with the Host OS's input devices at the hardware level. Since Mac OS clearly will work 100% with this mouse, then so will any guest os that is run under it. Bootcamp sessions however are a COMPLETELY different ball game since in that case, Windows becomes the "Host" OS.
- Answered by Jeff D from Menifee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes Since really your still in mac. All features will work in parallels.
- Answered by Tryx C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes it will.
- Answered by John N from Casselberry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
If I was to purchase Snow Leopard, would I be able to run it using a program like: Windows Virtual PC or Virtual Box on a PC running Windows 7???
- Asked by Aaron S from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate (If I was to purchase Snow Leopard, would I be able to run it using a program like: Windows Virtual PC or Virtual Box on a PC running Windows 7???)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard