how can i get more memory? I need to get Garageband.
- Asked by Jenna C from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i get more memory? I need to get Garageband.)
1 Answer from the Community
Please provide more information.
Which Mac model do you have (type of Mac and year of release)? How much memory do you already have installed? Which OS X version are you using? Which version of Garageband do you intend to install (the most recent version?)?
To get some of this information go to the Apple menu and select "About This Mac".
For memory, in "About this Mac" select "More Info", then select the "Memory" tab at the top of the window. At the bottom right will be instructions for adding more memory.
If you have an iMac, instructions are at supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/HT1423 (replace each "DOT" with ".").
If your Mac's version of "About this Mac" does not have the "Memory" tab, then select "System Report" and then select "Memory".
Each Mac Model has a maximum amount of memory it can use. Each Mac Model needs a specific type of memory. Compatible memory can be purchased directly from Apple or from third-party retailers.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What else do I need besides Apogee to get started? All I have now is a Macbook Pro 15" with the included Garageband. I play guitar.
- Asked by Leslie K from South Yarmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (What else do I need besides Apogee to get started? All I have now is a Macbook Pro 15" with the included Garageband. I play guitar.)
- Asked about: Apogee GiO Guitar Interface