Is this monitor dimensions the exact same as an iMac 27" and can you use it as a second monitor using thunderbolt in the Maverick OS?
2 Answers from the Community
Although the screen dimensions of the Thunderbolt display and the iMac are the same (27"), when sat side by side on the desk the thunderbolt display is about 25mm lower down. I have put a couple of books under it as a temporary measure until i can find a more permeant solution. One thing you will notice is that the thunderbolt display is very glossy and reflects much more than the iMac screen.
The monitor connects perfectly to the iMac, and more importantly for me was the colour accuracy between the two is identical.
- Answered by Mark S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Actually this would just act as a second screen if you were to connect it to to a already existent computer. Yes this monitor is 27" as well. Yes it can be connected with a thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Juliana L from Cold Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I add a second regular (non-thunderbolt) monitor to the newest imac?
- Asked by Kelly C from Salinas
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I add a second regular (non-thunderbolt) monitor to the newest imac?)
- Asked about: Mac
How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Michael M from Cedar City
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
- Asked by Isadore Z from Hauppauge
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…