One feature of the Time Capsule is to backup data using Time Machine, will it work as media center? - to stream movies/music to your AppleTV, or iPad
3 Answers from the Community
If you set up iTunes to look at the Time Capsule hard drive as a storage location, you can use the airplay feature on 2011 and new macs to accomplish this functionality from a Mac by using the airplay feature. So no, you cannot stream from you apple tv or iOS device, but you can use it as a media center that is connected to your Mac and intranet.
- Answered by Rod S from Grand Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can set it up to be fully accessible for storage purposes, and since there are apps which make your PC stream media content it can see, you can pretty much access it via your iOS device.
This may sound a little bit complicating, so here is how I do it: I assigned the drive to my iCloud account and made it available on my Mac. From there, the video streaming program "AirVideo" accesses that drive and its files and streams it to the internet whenever I start the AirVideo app on my iOS device.
I can only speak for myself, but it plays perfectly fine on my iPhone while having the Time Capsule/AirPort Extreme at home connected to a modem with 16 mbps - not very fast, but solid.
- Answered by Dominic B from Hannover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, that is not what it is designed to do.
- Answered by Ian P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can Time Machine backup to multiple disk on a daliy rotation?
- Asked by Peter H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Machine backup to multiple disk on a daliy rotation?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Does it support Time Machine feature?
- Asked by Taras T from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Time Machine feature?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express