I have a U-verse router/WiFi providing Internet access and WiFi. If I add an AirPort Extreme to this setup, will it connect wirelessly to my modem?
Do I need to connect the AirPort Extreme to the Internet router via a wire, or will it configure itself with the U-verse modem wirelessly? Ideally, I'd like the Airport to run a separate subnet for printers, etc, while enabling Internet access via the Internet modem/router. Feasible?
1 Answer from the Community
I have u-verse as we'll, you simply go into the u-verse modems settings, turn off the wifi. Plug your AirPort Extreme LAN port into the u-verse modem.
The AirPort Extreme will automatically configure the settings and all you need to do is name your network and set your password. It literally took less then 5 minutes to set up.
NOTE: You do want to go into your u-verse settings wired with an Ethernet cable as once you turnoff the wifi you will no longer be connected to Internet. You also need to connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to the AirPort Extreme during setup.
- Answered by Steven J from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?
- Asked by Andres A from Tampico
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can an iPad 3 connect to LTE router wifi?
- Asked by Jakub F
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an iPad 3 connect to LTE router wifi?)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet