What is the difference from the 2nd generation to the 3rd generation iPads?
I would like to know what is the difference from the 2nd generation iPad to the 3rd generation iPad.
- Asked by Aaryan T from Kenosha
2 Answers from the Community
The main differences are:
iPad 2 has:
1. Screen resoultion of 1024x768
2. A5 processor
3. Camera resolution of 960x720
4. Bluetooth 2.1
5. 3G Data only on Cellular models
6. No Siri
New iPad (3rd gen) has:
1. Retina Display with resolution of 2048x1536 (4x the pixels)
2. A5X processer with quad-core graphics (the X)
3. Much improved iSight camera with 5 megapixels, tap to focus, face detection, 1080p video recording, etc.
4. Bluetooth 4.0
5. 3g & 4G LTE Data on Cellular models
6. Siri & voice dictation
7. AirPlay mirroring of video (to Apple TV)
- Answered by Battista P
The main difference besides processor speed is the iPad 3 has the retina display which gives a better image on the screen. It's actually 4 times higher, (1024x768 vs 2048x1536).
The other major difference is that the iPad 2 is only available as 16GB, whereas you can go to 64GB with the iPad 3.
- Answered by James D from Tuscaloosa