Similar questions from the community
Can it be used with a traditional mouse simultaneously?
- Asked by Michael S from Saratoga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used with a traditional mouse simultaneously?)
Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?
I know you can change a setting on Windows 7 to display Traditional Chinese but how would I use this trackpad to actually write chinese with my finger. Is there a preference setting in Windows 7 to accept finger brush strokes as chinese text?
- Asked by Anthony Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?)
Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?
I am using an iMac with a magic mouse. Looking if i should upgrade my mouse to a trackpad... Would really like to input traditional Chinese characters onto my iMac like how everyone is inputting theirs, including myself, into our phones just by writing with our fingers onto the smart phones' screens. Can I do the same by writing on the Magic Trackpad or what would be the solution, please?
- Asked by Roderick T from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?)
can i use the trackpad to write in tradital Chinese characters
- Asked by Ricky L from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the trackpad to write in tradital Chinese characters)
can the trackpad auto detect both traditional and simplified chinese at the same time
Can I write either traditional or simplified chinese on the trackpad in one document without reset the input source at the right top corner i.e. auto detect when input simplified or traditional chinese
- Asked by Tsang L
- Flag as inappropriate (can the trackpad auto detect both traditional and simplified chinese at the same time)
Has anyone used this to do a presentation?
It would seem perfect for remote screen control of a presentation. I often present in Personal Brain and no remote could possibly work since it is non linear and you have to control a pointer. It forces me to me near the podium or computer. And a mouse will not work if I am standing. This could be fantastic for moving around after I attach a handhold loop to the back. Anyone tried presenting?
- Asked by Robert M from Chesapeake
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this to do a presentation?)
How do you have your keyboard, mouse, & trackpad sitting on your desk? I know it's user preference, but I can't decide.
I am using an Apple Wireless Keyboard, Logitech MX Revolution, and Magic Trackpad with a 27" iMac.
- Asked by Brian S from Hoover
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you have your keyboard, mouse, & trackpad sitting on your desk? I know it's user preference, but I can't decide.)
how do I access widgets, like calculator, calendar
used to just press the little white button on top of mouse, how do i do this same function with the trackpad
- Asked by Michael W from Eagan
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I access widgets, like calculator, calendar)
Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?
i find i very difficult to use my magic mouse to draw, will this make it a lot more realistic in using SBP?
- Asked by Oliver K from Caves Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?)
Is the apple keyboard essential for using the trackpad? I use a wireless logitech egonomic keyboard & mouse with my Mac mini
- Asked by Joyce M from Astoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the apple keyboard essential for using the trackpad? I use a wireless logitech egonomic keyboard & mouse with my Mac mini)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?
Hello reader, I am Architecture student and will be buying a MacBook Pro Retina 15" very soon (If I wanted a PC I would have bought one so please don't comment on that).
I use Microstation for some of my design work and will be using Parallel or Bootcamp to run this program on my MBPR, I want to get a Magic Mouse but I do not know if the controls or gestures will work with the program i.e. panning around an object in 3D. I called Bentley Support (The software producers of Microstation) and they said oddly enough told me it hadn't been tested before. So if you have been or know of someone in this situation I would be most grateful if you could let me know if the controls on the Magic Mouse work with Microstation or if I need to get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
Furthermore if I do need to get a standard mouse w/ scroll wheel what would you recommend? It can be within the same budget as the magic mouse but has to be wireless (Bluetooth preferred), ergonomic and well designed. Thank you all for taking your time to read this rather lengthy description and I do look forward to hopeful helpful comments.
Oh and have a wonderful New Year!
- Asked by Samson E
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?)
will we use it with magic mouse or any other mouse?
as per title~
- Asked by Alisabki A
- Flag as inappropriate (will we use it with magic mouse or any other mouse?)
How well would it work for World of Warcraft?
Im using the magic mouse right now, and its really not the greatest thing for WoW. I was just wondering how the trackpad would be instead.
- Asked by Jace W from Tyler
- Flag as inappropriate (How well would it work for World of Warcraft?)
Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?
I currently am still with my Mighty Mouse. I very often use the side buttons and center-push option to access all of my windows and spaces quickly while doing data transfer/processing. Is there a way to program this quick access to windows and spaces into the trackpad, aside from using the active screen corners? I think that is the only thing I'll miss about my mouse.
- Asked by Jessica O from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)