Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is the screen glossy or matte?
- Asked by Andrew K from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the screen glossy or matte?)
how do I clean the thunderbolt display screen?
- Asked by Glenn A from Soldotna
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I clean the thunderbolt display screen?)
No answers yet
Can I integrate a macbook air with a mini and a large screen?
I need super portability for travel, but I will need a large screen and large storage when I compose and edit. Can I inegrate the Air as a keyboard and second screen for a mini with a large screen?
- Asked by Carmen-helena T from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I integrate a macbook air with a mini and a large screen?)
Do full screen applications work as per normal like on my MBA?
- Asked by Mitch R from Mentone
- Flag as inappropriate (Do full screen applications work as per normal like on my MBA?)
I have an MBA late 2010. I know it won't take thunderbolt screen. but will it take one, if i buy a Bookarc and attach it to the MBA through that?
- Asked by Joanna T from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an MBA late 2010. I know it won't take thunderbolt screen. but will it take one, if i buy a Bookarc and attach it to the MBA through that?)
- Asked about: Twelve South BookArc for MacBook Ai…
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
If I bought a high spec Macbook Air or Pro, could I buy a normal 4k monitor and use it sort of like an iMac?
Basically, I would prefer to buy the 27" iMac 5k with retina display but obviously it costs around about an arm and a leg, so my question is... If I bought a very high spec Macbook Pro or Air could I connect that to, let's say, a 4k Samsung monitor using one of those DVI to HDMI ports and use it 'like' an iMac? Also, a friend of mine told me that if I was to use this approach, there is a mode on the mac so that I could possible close the screen of the mac and pop it in a drawer for example and still use it, by using the external Samsung monitor? So, i Guess it's sort of on a kind of standby mode, but still being used? Sorry about the constant questions, but I'm so rubbish with Apple products, I'm new to it all you see. If I was to do this, could I buy an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse and use that whilst the macbook's screen is shut, whilst I'm using the huge 4k Samsung display? I'm only asking this many questions because it is an awful lot of money to be spending on something that may or may not work. Thanks for anyone who answers this, meanwhile, I'm very confused at the minute.
Thank you, Sam.