Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
what cable do I use to connect the display to a MBP?
- Asked by Martha B from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do I use to connect the display to a MBP?)
I've learned that the MagSafe charger and Thundebolt cables included are short. Can I use my own 6-foot cable to connect my MBP to the display?
Is the Thunderbolt interface compatiable with the Mini-Display port connection used on my early 2009 MBP? I.e. can I connect it to this Mac?
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port)
I have a 2010 27" ACD (non thunderbolt) and I have an MBP 15" 2011 with thunderbolt. I want to buy a new 27" ACD with thunderbolt and connect my MBP --> Thunderbolt 27" ACD and then connect 27" ACD displayport to the back of the Thunderbolt 27" ACD.
- Asked by Efstathios M from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate (Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port))
can you watch TV on a Thunderbolt Display?
Can you connect a cable box using HDMI to thunderbolt or mini display cable to the 27" Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Kip M from Naples
- Flag as inappropriate (can you watch TV on a Thunderbolt Display?)
No answers yet
What is the longest cable to connect a Thunderbolt Display to a Mac Pro?
The standard cable isn't long enough
- Asked by Ben G from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the longest cable to connect a Thunderbolt Display to a Mac Pro?)
what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?
- Asked by Semir B from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?)
Can a TBD connected to another display like LCD TV for the 3rd monitor?
MBP 15" connected to TBD then 3rd connection just normal LCD TV. will this work?
- Asked by James C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a TBD connected to another display like LCD TV for the 3rd monitor?)
Anyone using a thunderbolt display with a MBP with Retina Display? Is it the same clarity?
If not, what is the best option for a larger display with a 13inch retina display MBP?
- Asked by Taylor P from Grayson
- Flag as inappropriate (Anyone using a thunderbolt display with a MBP with Retina Display? Is it the same clarity?)
Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable)
The "pigtale" cable will be short to reach my mac mini. My question is, if I buy two TB Displays, Can I use the TB port on the 1st display to connect to the mac mini and the pigtale from the 1st display to connect to the 2nd TB display and then be able to use both displays? (mac mini '11 2.5ghz)
Can anybody please check that this actually works?
- Asked by Valentino C from Sao Paulo
- Flag as inappropriate (Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable))
Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?
For work, I have an HP EliteBook 8470p, which has DisplayPort. When I'm using it at home, I'd like to be able to hook it up to my Thunderbolt Display.
I haven't found a male DisplayPort to female mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt adapter, but I have found a male DisplayPort to male mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt cable, which would technically allow me to connect the devices. However, I'm not sure whether the Thunderbolt Display accepts input from anything other than it's attached cable, or whether my PC's DisplayPort signal is compatible. Is it?
- Asked by Brandon V from Medina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?)
I got a raspberry Pi for christmas- If you don't know what it is it is a aRM GNU/Lunix box
Anyways I need a monitor and I have been thinking about getting a thunderbolt display for my 2011 MBP 15" and was hoping to kinda kill 2 birds with one stone here....
The Raspberry Pi connects via HDMI and I know you can get a thunderbolt to HDMI cable so would this work????
It is an expensive monitor so if it won't work I will just have to buy a samsung or similar >_<
- Asked by Nick K from Kew
- Flag as inappropriate (I got a raspberry Pi for christmas- If you don't know what it is it is a aRM GNU/Lunix box)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
Macbook air doesn't have FireWire or Etherne port.. Can I connect the MBA to display and use display ports instead?
Eg. I need to connect my MacBook air to my router via Ethernet cable... Can I use the display to create this connection? Same for FireWire?
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
So my question is, what all things I can connect to Thunderbolt display's USB ports?
If I connect a thumb drive, will it be accessible? (on mac mini if its connected to thunderbolt display)
If I have connected a Mac mini's thunderbolt port to Thunderbolt display, and for Internet access if I connect LAN cable to Ethernet port of Thunderbolt display, will I get internet connection on my mac mini?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
How to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display to the new MacBook with USB-C connector?
Since the dual Thunderbolt+MagSafe cable of the display can't be replaced, and the UBS-C adaptors include VGA or HDMI ports, how can the display be used with the new MacBook?
- Asked by Veselin P
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display to the new MacBook with USB-C connector?)
Any chance that this monitor would work with a older monitor when the older monitor connects to the thunderbolt port on the back of this display?
I have a 24 inch samsung monitor that works fine when connects with the 2011 MBP directly via a mini display port to DVI adaptor, but it doesn't work when I connect it to the back of the thunderbolt port of the thunderbolt display. Is there a chance that I could get the samsung monitor working to set up the dual monitor system with the thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Yue P from Port Moody
- Flag as inappropriate (Any chance that this monitor would work with a older monitor when the older monitor connects to the thunderbolt port on the back of this display?)
Is it possible to connect two 27" Mac Thunderbolt Displays to a Mac Mini for dual monitor use? If so, what additional cables are needed?
- Asked by Jonathon M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect two 27" Mac Thunderbolt Displays to a Mac Mini for dual monitor use? If so, what additional cables are needed?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter