Similar questions from the community
Does Apple Airport Extreme support Fibre FTTH/NBN? Can I connect it to the NTD box directly?
I just connected a NBN/FTTH to my house, the provider told me to buy a router or buy/rent one from them. I am thinking to get this Apple product to make the out of it since all of my devices are Apple. Can I connect it to Network Termination Device (NTD) which is installed by the NBN cabler inside the property?
- Asked by Ziyad A from Armidale
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple Airport Extreme support Fibre FTTH/NBN? Can I connect it to the NTD box directly?)
Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?
- Asked by Brendan B from Enmore
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?)
Airport extreme can support 1GB MBPS fibre
May I know Airport Extreme can support 1GB MBPS bandwidth
- Asked by Quek Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport extreme can support 1GB MBPS fibre)
No answers yet
I have Virgin Media fibre optic broadband, how could I attach that to the Airport extreme, just by ethernet, or is there a direct way?
Would this work with an Orcon fibre connection in New Zealand (to replace the ISP provided router)
Our current ISP provided router connects to the fibre ONT using ethernet, would the AirPort Extreme be suitable to replace my current router?
- Asked by Vivian M from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with an Orcon fibre connection in New Zealand (to replace the ISP provided router))
does the airport extreme support voip?
I have a NBN connection and voip phone but as I am having trouble with the voip on my billion router am looking for one that supports voip
- Asked by Elaine H from Taree
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme support voip?)
Does the current Airport Extreme provide DNLA support
I want to connect an external drive to the Airport extreme and be able to host music and videos that can be access from my apple TV or any computer on my home network. I would like it to appear as a DNLA server to the network.
- Asked by Bruce S from Londonderry
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the current Airport Extreme provide DNLA support)
Does the Airport Extreme router support ODE?
I have an ethernet device that converts from ethernet to DMX for a lighting system. The conversion box can be powered off ODE and want to know if I can use that with the Airport Extreme.
- Asked by John R from Chula Vista
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport Extreme router support ODE?)
No answers yet
does the airport extreme support media DLNA
I have Samsung entertainment devices like a smart tv & smart dvd player.I guess my question is can the airport extreme work with a Samsung smart tv & smart dvd player with out using a apple tv ?
- Asked by Hebel R from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme support media DLNA)
No answers yet
Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?
I’m swapping out my 5 year old iMac for a new 27” iMac, which supports 802.11ac. If I purchase just one Apple Airport Extreme (which supports 802.11ac) will it improve the new iMac’s performance, given the network configuration in my house? Here are the details.
My ISP is Comcast and I have an xfinity modem. I have an older Apple Airport Extreme as my network “hub”. It is cabled to the Comcast modem. Both are located in upstairs bedroom.
Also upstairs, in the office (down the hall from the bedroom) I have an Apple Airport Express, the old iMac and my wireless printer. The new iMac will replace the old iMac in the office.
Downstairs is a second Apple Airport Express, cabled directly to WiFi stereo speakers. Also downstairs, but in a different room, is an Apple TV connected to an HDTV.
1. If I purchase a new Extreme, but use it to replace the Express that sits adjacent to the iMac, am I correct to presume that I won’t see any improvement in the new iMac's performance over the performance I'd get with my existing Airport equipment? (In this scenareo the “hub” of my network would remain the old Extreme located in the bedroom.) The new Extreme (802.11ac) and new iMac (both located in the office) would have a fast 802.11ac link between them, but slower links would exist between the Extreme and everything else. Correct?
2. If I use a new Extreme to replace the old “hub” Extreme in the bedroom (that connects directly to my Comcast modem) it will be about 45 ft from the new iMac with many walls in between (some of which are tiled).
- Am I correct to assume that it is too far away to reliably support the iMac in the office?
- If I continue to use the old Express in the office, with a new Extreme in the bedroom, I would maintain the same signal reliability that I have now, but would have no increase in throughput speed performance. Correct?
- Would a second Extreme be needed in the office, in clear range of the new iMac?
- Asked by Dennis H from Santa Cruz
- Flag as inappropriate (Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?)
I do not have a cable modem. My current router connects directly to ethernet connection in the wall. can I connect Airport Extreme the same way?
- Asked by Armand D from Southport
- Flag as inappropriate (I do not have a cable modem. My current router connects directly to ethernet connection in the wall. can I connect Airport Extreme the same way?)
does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?
I'm trying to sync my sony smart dvd with Apple Airport extreme.
- Asked by Linda L from Bettendorf
- Flag as inappropriate (does air port extreme support wi-fi protected setup?)
does the airport extreme support Link Aggregate?
i.e 2 lans going to the extreme
- Asked by David S
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme support Link Aggregate?)
does the AirPort Extreme support SONOS speakers
I have a SONOS speaker system and want to know if this supports streaming music to my SONOS speakers
- Asked by Terry B
- Flag as inappropriate (does the AirPort Extreme support SONOS speakers)
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, extend from there to another room i.e. my Office and then use a time capsule
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, so I can use this downstairs for wifi and then run ethernet cable form it upstairs to my Office and then connect it to a time capsule or Airport extreme.
If this is a good way to do it what would be the best modem? UK on virgin broadband NOT cable :(
OR is there a better way??????
Is there apple care for AirPort Extreme
- Asked by Harry B
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there apple care for AirPort Extreme)
No answers yet
My Sky Broadband router is in a different room to 3 ethernet devices that I want to connect. How can I do this without linking directly to the router?
I'm considering buying the Airport Extreme but will this enable me to connect multiple ethernet devices to the internet without having to link it directly via the WAN port?
does the new airport extreme still support Timed Access?
I have an older airport extreme and am a fan of the Timed Access function (we use it to shut down our internet for 8 hours every night). I'm considering the new extreme to get faster speeds and greater range but I want to make sure we can all still get to sleep at night!
- Asked by Nancy K from Berthoud
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new airport extreme still support Timed Access?)