Similar questions from the community
Once I've set up the router, can it connect to a PC? Not just an Apple product?
- Asked by Logan C from Belews Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Once I've set up the router, can it connect to a PC? Not just an Apple product?)
Does Apple Airport Extreme support Fibre FTTH/NBN? Can I connect it to the NTD box directly?
I just connected a NBN/FTTH to my house, the provider told me to buy a router or buy/rent one from them. I am thinking to get this Apple product to make the out of it since all of my devices are Apple. Can I connect it to Network Termination Device (NTD) which is installed by the NBN cabler inside the property?
- Asked by Ziyad A from Armidale
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple Airport Extreme support Fibre FTTH/NBN? Can I connect it to the NTD box directly?)
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
Can I set this up as a wireless print server that can pair up with my home wireless internet router?
Our new home has the internet access point on the main floor and our office is set up on the second floor. I would rather not drill a hole through the floor/ceiling and run cables through the walls to connect the printer to the access router. Can I setup the Airport Express to connect with our internet router wirelessly and also connect our 2 printers to create an extended network that makes our printers wireless? (one printer is only USB and the other is network ready)
- Asked by Robert H from Elk Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set this up as a wireless print server that can pair up with my home wireless internet router?)
I want to replace the free standard router provided by talk talk. Is the AirPort Extreme just plug and play or will I need specific settings?
would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router
We live in an apartment that is 180 square meters, and currently re using a lynksys router. I was reading about the Airport Extreme and was wondering if I can replace the router. Currently the signal comes and goes and it is difficult in certain areas of the apartment
We have an ethernet connection with the internet supplier at 25 mg speed. How will this product improve what we already have?
- Asked by Victoria C from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (would the airport extreme replace a lynksys router)
No answers yet
Can the Airport express just die?
I woke up and my old airport express had no litghs lit up and I I lost my wifi connection, however my router is still working
- Asked by Alan G from South Yarmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport express just die?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
Will it work with AT&T's U-verse router/modem tower?
I haven't been able to set up my current Lynksys router with it and would definitely buy this if it can override ATT's router.
- Asked by Robert A from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with AT&T's U-verse router/modem tower?)
i have verizon fios with a router they provide. should i detach that and use airport extreme in place of it ? or does AE attach to the fios router?
im unsure if i add airport extreme or replace my router with it - i want better speeds and connectivity through my house for my iPhone, mac and apple tv.....my service is verizon fios quantum
- Asked by Christine B from Vienna
- Flag as inappropriate (i have verizon fios with a router they provide. should i detach that and use airport extreme in place of it ? or does AE attach to the fios router?)
Can an Apple TV read the music from a hard drive connected to this router via usb? Or is a computer still required with iTunes
- Asked by Aaron D from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an Apple TV read the music from a hard drive connected to this router via usb? Or is a computer still required with iTunes)
how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?
Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Ronald L from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?)
How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?
I have a neighbor who is a determined wi-fi hacker who has been able to hack into my network no matter how difficult the passwords. Can I turn down the power on the extreme so his signal is weak? What features on this unit will help me thwart his efforts? I've already turned off WPS on my current router, UPnP and all that other stuff. I know MAC filtering is useless as is hiding the SSID. What can I do to make the router secure?
- Asked by Karen E from Santa Rosa
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the Airport Extreme more secure than other routers?)
Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?
- Asked by Brendan B from Enmore
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme a valid router to use on an NBN Fibre connection?)
AE setting up a new network vs extending an existing network is new better? Looking to boost Wifi in low signal places in the house & outside.
I have a 6 mg internet connection with CenturyLink using a Zytel PK-5001Z modem. I have 100 ft ethernet cables ran from modem to ethernet switches TE100-S5 TRENDnet fast ethernet switch to iMacs, Apple Tv's & Roku box through out the house. Of course the iPad's & iPhones use wifi. Wifi strength varies of course depending where in the house you are which is very annoying. We just got Wifi calling with Sprint & if 1 iPhone is using wifi calling you can't stream or down;road anything or the wifi call just becomes impossible to continue. That makes no since because at most per Sprint documentation at most it should use 1mg only 1/6 th of my bandwidth. I totally don't understand adding the AE to an existing network means bridging & other settings I don't feel comfortable with. But if I add a new network it would be for the wifi devices like iPads & iPhones correct. the existing network SSID CenturyLink 8851 would be for all the ethernet connected stuff right? 1 SSID for ethernet thing & SSID AE for all devices Wifi right? CenturyLink has advised me that they will not help with CPE equipment & they know nothing about (is that not insane or what?) with the great community of all of us i hope not to need Apple Supports help.
Since the Modem is in the kitchen kinda of close to a Microwave user manual says 25 ft away I'm going to run a 50ft ethernet cable from back of the modem to the AE in the family room into the Wan Port right? Very excited about the AE because it will be the perfect place to connect the Hue Lights bridge. just waiting on HomeKit & WWDC. And being able to not using Wemo switches. So do I have this right? Have I figured it out correctly? Look forward to your feedback.
Can I use AirPort Extreme with a HP PC or other non Apple PC?
- Asked by Benny M from Easton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Extreme with a HP PC or other non Apple PC?)
Can you do port forwarding?
Can you enter to your router settings to port forward?
- Asked by Julien K from Gatineau
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you do port forwarding?)