Questions & Answers for G-Tech 1TB G-DRIVE mobile USB 3.0 Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
6 Questions + 6 Answers
6 Questions from the Community
Does it come with the necessary cable or is that separate?
- Asked by Rick W from Longview
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it come with the necessary cable or is that separate?)
Yes. The drive will be formatted for Apple. If you want to use it for a PC then you have several ways of using this drive, reformat for which ever version of PC flavor ( XP, or newer, please look up limitations of hard drive size as recognized by FAT 32 XP, ignore if using a more recent Windoz OS ).
If using as a file back up system for both, look up "partitioning" a hard drive into two or more discrete sections one for each OS needed.
Also there is software available for PC to recognize Mac file formats, if using via sneaker net, Apple also recognizes most PC file formats, you will not be able operate/run applications from the external HD with out some work, back up ( intended HD use ) is your best bet. Check with the apple forums for more details.
- Answered by Terence D from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is the G-Tech G-Drive mobile easily compatible with pcs? can you switch from Mac to PC?)
is it compatible with time machine?
- Asked by Lucy D
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with time machine?)
Yes it is.
- Answered by Emma C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it compatible with time machine?)
Will this work with an iPad mini?
- Asked by Richard T
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an iPad mini?)
- Answered by Hugh C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with an iPad mini?)