About ASCII Table
This is an OSX dashboard widget that displays three tables of characters, using a simple popup menu. It is primarily intended for programmers who need it as a reference when working at byte level. The three tables are:
- The first 128 characters, otherwise known as 7-bit ASCII.
- The second 128 characters from the old Mac Roman character set.
- The second 128 characters from the standard Unicode character set.
For each character, further information is displayed by rolling the mouse over the character. This information includes:
- A larger glyph of the character.
- The character code as a decimal integer.
- The character code as a hexadecimal integer.
- The HTML character entity, if one exists for this character.
- The full name of the control code if this character is a control code.
- Many more features.
Apple is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related thereto. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor.