About Image Shackle
There is no need to open a full-featured program such as Photoshop every time you want to make a simple size adjustmant to a picture. Image Shackle lets you resize an image quickly. Whether you are wanting to throw an image up on myspace or print out your latest party pic, Image Shackle is the easiest way to make your photos the right size.
Using Image Shackle:
- Click and hold on an image from the desktop or finder and then press F12 (or F8 on some iBooks) on the keyboard to reveal your dashboard. Drag and drop the image into Image Shackle.
- The proportions are always kept. The slider will allow you to scale the image to whole numbers, but if you want an exact height or width you can type it in.
- Check the preference on the back to convert shackled images to JPG. When converting an image with transparency (PNG, GIF or PSD) into a JPEG the transparent areas will be turned to white
- Your shackled image will be placed in the same folder as the original but “.shkl” will be added before the extention. This makes it easier to find them later. The size of the image will also be added to the filename.
- The widget also serves as a tool for calculating ratios and constraining proportions for images that you don’t want to scale with the widget.
- Image Shackle is only designed to work with one image at a time.
The following file types are supported and must have the proper extension: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD (they will be flattened), PNG, PICT, BMP
- If you try to shackle an image from iPhoto, the file will be saved to the folder that the original was in but will not be imported into iPhoto. Instead, export the image from iPhoto at the desired size, or drag the image from iPhoto to the desktop before shackling it.
Whats New in this Version
- minor bug fixes
- Now resize an image to pixels OR inches (click on ‘px’ to change to inches).
- auto-update support
- You can now donate a small gift securely via Paypal (all major credit cards accepted). Your donations will ensure future Image Shackle updates
Apple is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related thereto. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor.