A fun Dashboard Widget for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 that allows you to quickly and easily keep tabs on your microblogging, Web 2.0 life. With Chirp, you can quickly view your friends’ latest updates, and post links, updates, or even send direct messages to your friends. Microblogging has been taking the world by storm — and now, Chirp brings the best of it to your Dashboard,
Whats New in this Version
- Added Jaiku integration.
- New set of six nature-themed color schemes.
- Added Identi.ca support for private/direct messages and @ Reply marking.
- New caching features support live timestamping and an indicator showing the last successful connection.
- Complete re-write of the core from scratch, using many of the methods and techniques found in Sam Stephenson’s Prototype framework.
- Chirp now uses JSON instead of XML to communicate with the server.
- Added relative time support for months and years.
- Added a check so that pasting into the text area wouldn’t overflow the character counter.
- Fixed a bug where searching wouldn’t correctly search updates containing commas.
- Fixed a posting bug which truncated posts containing non-ASCII characters.
- Chirp no longer attempts to refresh the feed if the preferences are shown.
- Many more enhancements.
Apple is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related thereto. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor.